Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Made it to the Desk of Dr. H....

Just a quick update. I have been overwhelmed by the phone calls and messages wondering if I have any results. Thank you all for your love and support. At this time.....we are still just waiting. I received a disc with my images on them. From what we could tell, there wasn't anything different. However, on Saturday, I went and picked up my written report from Radiology. As we read it, there are areas of concern on my brain, but they were there last time and haven't changed from then til now. They didn't react to the dye, which is all positive as far as we are concerned. The final impression at the bottom of the report said that it was a stable MRI of the brain. So, that was very exciting and encouraging to us. We are wondering if the areas of concern on my brain have anything to do with the Concussion/Amnesia I had when I was 13. I'll have to bring that up with Dr. H. The C-Spine MRI looked ok to us too. Between all of the medical jargon it is hard to fully understand if I'm ok or not, but as far as our medical knowledge is taking us.....my neck appeared ok as well, minus a couple areas that sound like they are watching. The part that makes us a little nervous is the T-Spine MRI. That is where my current little lesion buddies reside. This latest test shows that my lesions are larger in size now, and reacted to the dye more this time around, and as far as we can tell, there are 2 more areas of concern there as well. Now, we just need Dr. H. to call and tell us if this is all consistent with ADEM or if it is more consistent with MS. Trav faxed my results to him yesterday. We didn't hear anything back, so I called today and left a message asking if they received my results and if Dr. H. had had time to look them over yet. The secretary called me later this afternoon and said that my results were now on his desk waiting for him to read and call me. Going to bed now, hoping that when I wake up.....answers will come in the form of a phone call from my favorite Neurologist! Thank you again for the love and concern. We truly appreciate it.

2 comments:

Grandma's Corner said...

We have been praying for you and will continue to. I love being in your home it is an awesome feeling. I need to come with my STEAM IT again, when things in my world quite goinhg around. LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU!

Anna said...

Still thinking of you and your family! ((Hugs))