Thursday, June 17, 2010

Under the Covers!!

Who would have thought a little danger lingers there? The newest discovery in this whole process is a crazy one! I love, love, love wrapping up under my covers. I could stay wrapped up all night. However, over the last week or so, I have noticed that my legs become really numb half way through the night. I have wondered if it was the way I was laying or something. Since the beginning of this whole ordeal, in the back of my mind when Dr.'s or people would talk about the effects of heat with MS, I have to admit, I would secretly roll my eyes and think they were a titch off, mentally! :) I didn't understand or fully comprehend how much heat can cause problems. But the last couple of nights, as I would feel my legs get worse, I noticed if I pulled some of the covers off and laid outside of the sheets, my legs would change and become less numb. I guess in the long run, I was the one off, mentally!!! They were right. Heat really does make the situation worse. I have noticed in the shower as well, if the water is too warm, my feet can barely feel the floor of the shower by the time I am finished! Another love that might have to take a back seat......a hot bath or shower! No worries.....I'll still do the daily cleaning......just on the cooler side! :) So much for the 4th of July Parade in my sweater! (Don't believe me? Call my Sis.-in-law Ally.....it's her favorite story to tell!)

3 comments:

Ally said...

Um, yeah that really is the best story..the green WOOL sweater on the 95 degree 4th of July parade. But you still looked hot... :) Hey, here's an idea...move to Portland because it's only 58 today.
I am so sorry you have to go through this crappy stuff..it's just not right. ;(

Megan said...

See, you totally coulda come on trek with us! It was COLD and all of our feet, hands, and everything else were cold. **sigh** Love ya. Hang in there. :(

Heather said...

I'm with Ally...I LOVED the green sweater! A 4th of July we'll never forget! I'm glad that she noticed it that day as well! Looks like you might need to find a nice new t-shirt for this year!