Friday, June 4, 2010

Second Guessing

I am probably the worst patient in the world. Actually, on second thought.....I just might be the best!! I don't want to call the Dr., but probably should! I'm thinking maybe he ought to thank me that I haven't bugged him for every little thing! Since I'm not bugging him, I thought I'd better document the latest in case he needs to know when I go in to see him in July.

After I hiked Ensign Peak, I was very numb. I went home wondering if I really should have done it. It was so good for my spirits though, that I didn't really care. However, the next morning I woke up feeling better than I had in a couple weeks since all the numbness came back. We went on our family trip to see my Brother and his Fam in Oregon. I did pretty well there. Even walked quite a ways on the beach without too much problem. Had to walk arm-in-arm with my Bro. coming back from one of the waterfalls, but all in all.....I felt pretty good while we were gone.

It all started the morning after we got home. I tried to wake up and help the kids get off to school, but as soon as I rolled over, I was so dizzy. I couldn't do anything but lay there as still as I possibly could. With just me and my thoughts, I started to worry. "Does this mean it has made it to my brain?" Who knows. I second guess every little thing now. It may just be that I went on a busy weekend trip and drove forever the night before eating a lot of junk. I was dizzy most of the morning. I had to lay on the couch after getting myself downstairs to help feed Julia. The dizziness went away by mid-afternoon and all was well again. Til last night.

I went to bed feeling like my legs were on fire. It was the craziest sensation I have felt, aside from the numbness. I kept rubbing my thighs and knees, thinking that would help. Just made it worse. So, I curled up in a ball and went to bed.

This is such a strange, strange thing.....from one minute to the next. I pray this is all just part of these 3 lesions......not a whole bunch of new ones. Dr. H.....see you in July!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hang in there darling! I am shedding a few tears... the uncertainty is so hard. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I will say a prayer for you. I hope the dizziness goes away fast!
((((HUGS))))