Monday, October 24, 2011

If Only.....

We could bottle this.....
Every Person out there struggling with MS would be cured!

We just had our little miracle baby.  The entire pregnancy I felt extremely good.  It was as though I didn't have MS.  I LOVED it!!  Every ounce of numbness I had prior to expecting, went away.  Completely.  I would recommend pregnancy to any woman with MS.  It really is the cure all......

I just wish it could have stayed that way.  It appears I still do have MS, dang it!  Within just a week or two after delivery, numbness reared its ugly head again.  Socks no longer feel good due to the numbness on the bottom of my feet coming back.  The inside portion of my legs are experiencing some numbness as well.  It used to be that when I put my chin to my chest, a zinging sensation would run up my spine.  Now it is just when I turn at my waist or move my legs a certain way that the zinging comes in to play.

I cannot complain.  It isn't horrible.  Totally tolerable, actually.  I was just so confident that I was in total remission and that I wouldn't have any more issues.

Talking to my hubby the other night about it all.....we are both completely amazed that in our day and age there isn't a cure.  Especially knowing what we know about pregnant women with MS feeling 100 % or close to it during the whole pregnancy. It just seems that there should be a way to bottle whatever it is during pregnancy that makes it go away.  If I wasn't getting older, and if it wasn't so hard for us to keep a pregnancy, I'd opt to have a bunch more kids!
 Thanks to my new little buddy for being just what the doctor ordered the last 9 mos for my physical self, and just what I ordered forever for my emotional self.  You have healed me in so many ways!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh SARAH! Bummer. Seriously. I really need to come see you and that precious bundle. Love you!

Three'sCompany said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby, I'm a fellow young mom and MS sufferer who stumbled across your blog. Just know you're not alone in this fight and hopefully someday there will be a cure.