Thursday, February 2, 2012

Orange You Glad?!!!

Oh this poor little blog.  I have to admit.....I was kind of surprised to see it still exists!  Ha, ha!  I guess that is a great sign that all is well on the MS home front for me right now. I feel really blessed to experience awesome health.  When you go through bouts of not so good health, you quickly learn to enjoy the days of good, don't ya?!!

I had a very surreal experience the other day as I was waiting for my eye appointment at Sam's Club.  Yes, I go to Sam's for my eye Dr. and.....so far, so good!  Anyhow, there I was waiting, pulling faces at my baby and checking the clock, when a Sam's Club manager came over to speak with the girl running the Optical Center.  "For the whole month of Feb. we will be participating in a fundraiser that is super dear to my heart, so I'm wanting our club to raise the most money towards this cause over any other club in the Nation. Are you willing to give a certain amount of your paycheck towards MS?" The girl looked up to see the form the manager had.  I looked up as well.  How weird to sit there as an MS patient  - wondering if the girl would be willing to help towards something that would eventually affect me.  Without hesitation, she signed the form and said she would love to help!  As the manager started to walk away, I touched her arm and said, "As an MS patient myself, I'm grateful to all of you for your help!"   She then told me that her sister has MS and so she is going to try her hardest to raise the most money a club has ever raised!  So, for the whole month of Feb. all you MS'ers, or those of you with loved ones dealing with this daily, get out to Sam's Club and buy oranges to your hearts content!  For every dollar raised, Sam's Club will match the donation to present to the National MS Society!  Thank you Sam's Club!

2 comments:

Anna said...

So HAPPY that you are doing so well! Wonderful. Thank you for your positive attitude! XOXOXO

Grandma's Corner said...

Sarah, I think the world of you, what a wonderful mother and wife you are, and don't forget daughter- in law. Love to see you, and that
adorable family. Is Austin crawling yet? Seems like forever since I saw him. I'll try to come next week. LOve you all....