Thursday, June 9, 2011

"You Can't Underestimate Happiness" - Clay Walker

I have been asked a lot lately how I am doing. I know I have been horrible at keeping up this little blog the last few months. But the truth is, I haven't had anything going on in the MS portion of my life to really report or share that would be interesting enough for those who stop by here. I truly feel as though I don't have MS right now, so I have taken that and run with it! I joined the National MS site on Facebook last year. I came across a video they posted one day that followed a lady with MS and her quest for a baby. It was so interesting and helpful to me at the time, so I was trying to find it again on Youtube the other day to watch again how life was after delivery for her. I'm starting to have some thoughts about that now that I am almost 7 mos. The chances of having a relapse are higher after delivery, so I'm trying to prep myself for what may lie ahead. As I was searching for that video, I came upon another put out by the MS society of an interview with Clay Walker. I had heard he has MS, but had forgotten. I clicked on it, and loved it. It talks about every single emotion I have had over the last year or so since diagnosis.....and it's funny.....cause it explains exactly where I am right now in respect to my feelings. After watching, I have decided again, to not worry about post delivery at this point. I'm not going to search things out about it. What happens after our baby comes, happens. It's out of my control either way. So, as Clay Walker states, "You can't underestimate happiness." I am going to enjoy the happy, basically MS free times right now, and let the chips fall where they may in a couple of months......while crossing my fingers extremely tight, of course!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't know Clay Walker had MS! I love him! I think you are wise to not worry about what will happen post-baby, but I am sure you still wonder just a bit! I will cross my fingers as well that you will be able to enjoy this sweet little miracle baby and that your MS will leave ya alone for at least a little while.

Anna said...

Oh Sarah! I'm so happy you are doing so well. And great job for being able to relax and trust. Your are such an example to me. Can't wait for you to get to hold a precious new bundle. Hugs my friend! I will be praying for you.

Anna said...

Oh Sarah! I'm so happy you are doing so well. And great job for being able to relax and trust. Your are such an example to me. Can't wait for you to get to hold a precious new bundle. Hugs my friend! I will be praying for you.