Monday, August 30, 2010

"The Best Tunes are Played on the Oldest Fiddle"

I sure hope that's true! Because I feel like an old Fiddle lately! Have you ever watched Biggest Loser? You know when they take the people to the Hollywood Doc. that runs all the tests and tells them how old their body is vs. their real age because of their health? I'm afraid that if they start running tests like that for MS patients, my test would prove I should have a few grandkids and a plot purchased by now! All I did, besides my regular Mom duties this last week was go to Park City a couple of times, 2 football games and out to dinner with Trav's co-workers. By Sunday morning, I could hardly feel my legs. I walked like an old lady through the halls of church...... I was not sporting my cute Sunday Heels very well at all! Today, the television has babysat my little girl while I sit here with my legs propped up hoping to relieve some of the numbness. Sometimes I feel like such a slacker because I don't hardly do anything, yet, what little I do makes me look and feel like this:
On the bright side, it has been really nice to chill with my little Sis while listening to the rain outside our window. We'll have the glass-half-full kinda attitude today and be glad for the chance to relax. And maybe, I'll get a head start on knitting some cute sweaters for my grandkids!

6 comments:

Heather said...

If you're going to start knitting now, why don't you knit a few extra for my grandkids too! Sorry you're feeling like that!

Jenny H said...

I feel ya...
I wore way cute red high heels yesterday and had to stand on my left leg to balance because my right one was completely messed up.
Good for you for taking some time to relax.

Franklin Times said...

Suggestion: Don't ever take that age test. Stick with the personality, color code test. I am sure your score will be off the charts. Luv ya my friend.

Megan said...

I'm with Wendy all the way. I don't want to know what my body fat composition is either. Yikes. I am glad you put your feet up yesterday; it was a perfect day for it. I am sorry you get numb for doing "normal" stuff. UGH! Go ahead and knit away.....but don't come to me for help. I have knit wash rags and that is it!!!

Anna said...

I'd like to order a nice lap afghan. Could you whip that up for me? Just for those "I'm feeling ancient" days. LOL I love this post, Sarah. So funny and so true. Glad you had some snuggle and rest time.

P.S. I DON'T wear high heals anymore. Ever. And I have a really cute pair! (sniff sniff) :)

Grandma's Corner said...

I would like to put in an order of slippers for the cold winter weather that will be coming to Cache Valley, but I won't tell you the size because they are sooo BIG it would take a year to make them. JK !!! Don't worry so much about the house, loving on your children is what the Savior would have you do.