Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time......

And while that means it's my favorite time of year for many reasons, its also means I have to put away my trusty flip flops. I have never been a huge fan of flip flops til this year! I've always had a little problem with my feet and showing them off to the world in a pair of flip flops has never seemed exciting to me. However, when your feet are numb.....they truly become a gift from Heaven! I have lived in flip flops since the snow melted early this spring. Those tiny straps across the top of my foot are the only thing that rubs against it making the numbness bearable. I didn't realize just how much I have loved them til my little boy was playing in the Semi-Finals of Football last Saturday in cold temps! I put on a pair of socks, zipped up my boots and headed to the game. Man, is it going to be a long winter! I'm not loving having to wear shoes and socks again. I ran into this video on another MS blog and LOVED it! It is so far out there weird, but so is everything about MS and what it does! It describes in the strangest way, what it's like to have to put those socks on and feel the pins and needles!! Enjoy! (Click on the video to see full width)

1 comment:

Ed said...

You can come spend the winter with us, flip flops year round!! Hang in there friend.