Monday, October 18, 2010

This little Blog of Mine......

.....has suffered lately, I know. Truth is, there isn't much to report. I have mentioned before what a huge rollercoaster ride it has been with this whole thing. Some days you're up, some days you're down. Sometimes, you don't know how long the span will be till you go back Up, or you go back Down. Funny thing is, today I was driving home from my Grandma's house and got to thinking how good I have felt lately. When I was expecting, even the short while that it was, I felt SO good. I actually felt, and have continued to feel since, the bottom of my feet touch the floor. Crazy how we take that feeling for granted. Pregnancy really is the miracle drug for this thing we call MS. If only I could bottle that up. Just think of the bazillion people in the world I could make extremely happy! Sometimes I feel like I'm holding the flower and instead of saying, "He loves me. He loves me not." I'm saying, "I have MS. I have not. I have MS. I have NOT!!" Today was one of those days. I found myself thinking, "How can I feel this good, and still have MS?" But, you never want those thoughts to linger too long, cause as soon as you think that, BAM! The roller coaster dips back down full speed and you find yourself numb from the waist down again. Either way, I'm thanking my lucky stars for feeling this good, for this long. That hasn't happened in quite a while. So just for today, I'm gonna pretend that the last petal ended on....."I HAVE NOT!"

5 comments:

Jenny H said...

I have felt the exact same way lately. I even wore my red heels without numbness all day yesterday! I'll take what I can get at this point...and not worry about the future (most days).
Glad you have been feeling well.:)

Grandma's Corner said...

yOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE AROUND YOU! JUST KEEP BEING THAT WONDERFUL YOU, I DON'T HAVE MS AND YOU WORK CIRCLES AROUND ME, MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. KEEP HAVING A GREAT LIFE.... AND KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!

Anna said...

So glad you are well and can find things to be grateful for. Must be a good season for MSers. :)

Journey of the Davies said...

I am so happy to hear you have felt really good for awhile. I often think about you and wonder how you are feeling. I wish there was something I could do to keep you feeling good all time.

Heather said...

I'm parying this feeling will last a long time! Love the eagle project...that was a SUPER idea!