Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why an MS Blog?

Over the course of the last week, I have had two different conversations with two different people. Both are people I love and care about. I found it somewhat ironic that each of them thoughtfully asked me, "Why do you think you have MS?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer them. That may be a question I might not ever be able to answer. Maybe it's for me to learn and to grow. Maybe it's for my family. Maybe it's for a friend. Who knows, maybe by me having this disease, I might be able to help or touch someone else who happens to find themselves in my same situation. Whatever the case may be, the more I have thought about their question, the more I have felt the need to do something. I woke up in the middle of the night with the thought of creating this blog. I'm not sure what will come of it, how often I will write, or even how often people will visit. Most likely, I will only be posting as I have new info, Dr. Visits, or any different problems come up. If anything, I am a huge believer in keeping personal records. I have found in my own personal journal that as I have gone through a trial, a few years down the road, I am able to see how I progressed and sometimes, why things happened the way they did. Hind sight is always 20/20. I am hoping by recording my journey of living with MS, that will be the case in the years to come. I would love for this to turn in to a place where others suffering and coping with this disease, can come and share their thoughts and feelings for all of us to learn from. So, here's to the first post!

2 comments:

Lori said...

You are a trooper! Thanks for being such a wonderful example and light for me. I love you so much! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Amy Spalding said...

This is a great idea, Sarah!